Website Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
The purpose of this position is to review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government standards. The processor will then approve or deny mortgage loans based on their evaluations.
- Evaluates acceptability of loan to corporations that buy real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets where existing mortgages are bought and sold by investors
- Determines acceptability of risk of prospective business
- Negotiates directly with mortgage loan officers and processors
- Reviews and completes a minimum of four loans each day or the department manager must be notified
- Reviews conditions for approved files the Junior Underwriter was unable to sign off on within the 24-hour review window
- Notifies the branch by fax, e-mail, or phone of the status of files and adds notes immediately to Encompass
- Approves or rejects loan applications and requests additional information if necessary
- Records loan rejections, specifying investor and institution guidelines as the basis for declining application, such as insufficient cash reserves, etc.
- Assembles documents in loan files, including acceptance or denial and disposition sheet, for the originating mortgage loan office
- Maintains database on new and existing business
- Answers e-mails and phone calls within 1 hour to 2 hours of time received
- Assists the underwriting coordinator and Jr. Underwriter with status questions
- 3 years (minimum) full time recent experience reviewing both credit applications and property appraisals
- Currently using DE
- Must be a reliable and responsible professional, skilled in mortgage evaluation
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience regarding the principles of mortgage underwriting
If you are a qualified individual ready to work for a dynamic company, send your resume to HRHiringTeam@primeres.com.