Job Title: Funder
Department: Operations / Closing
Reports To: National Closing/Post-Closing Manager
Location: Remote Position
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the Funder will be responsible for reviewing and disbursing closing packages to fund the loan in a timely manner with established Company guidelines. The Funder will also audit loan documents/funding packages for completeness and accuracy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors pipeline view for Estimated Closing and Funding Dates on a continual basis to ensure a timely funding process.
- Ensure Final Closing Disclosure balanced with the title company matches the current information in Encompass prior to wire requests
- Contact Title Companies, Attorneys, Loan Officers, Processors for any documentation necessary for funding the loan.
- Advises all parties of any changes or issues that may occur to ensure high quality standards and customer service.
- Reviews funding package and clears any outstanding funding conditions.
- Completes all disbursement procedures for issuing of funds to attorneys/title company, any necessary refund checks, and release of escrow monies withheld.
- Alert accounting of Rush same day wires and or early morning closings that require wires a day early
- Upload closing packages into the LOS
- Run UCD & LCA reports
- Follow up on any deficiency requests by Shipping and Post-Closing to ensure timely procedure for loan purchasing.
- Move milestones in Encompass as applicable
- Complies with Company Policies and Procedures, as well as regulatory compliance.
- Keeps abreast of industry regulations and changes.
- Keep current with and leverage strong working knowledge of TRID, loan products, underwriting guidelines, escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws for multiple loan products offered by the Company as they apply to documents, funding, insuring and post-closing to accurately fund the loan
- Interact with other departments to achieve goals, including but not limited to, Secondary Marketing, Accounting, Servicing, Shipping and Compliance
- Achieve and maintain all departmental cycle time, service and volume standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least two (2) years of related experience working in processing, closing, or funding within the residential mortgage lending industry. Experience and exposure to funding procedures preferred
- Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA and VA and knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC; must be experienced with all RESPA 2010 guidelines for CD funding process
- Working knowledge of TRID regulations and experience in closing disclosure preparation preferred; familiarity with reading and interpreting insurance policies, title reports, appraisals and settlement statements preferred
- Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail and ability to make decisions and solve problems independently
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer relationships and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using mortgage loan origination systems preferred
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.