Job Title: Post-Closing Specialist
Department: Operations / Post-Closing
Reports To: National Closing/ Post-Closing Manager
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the Post-Closing Specialist will be responsible for checking all investor websites for conditions and funding status and insuring loans for all consumer loans in a multi-state environment and to make sure all conditions have been satisfied and meet investor requirements in a timely manner.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review all investor websites for conditions and funding status; monitor workflow and turn times and prioritize accordingly.
- Enter all investor loan numbers into encompass.
- The post-closer verifies the condition and works to clear. This may require emailing the branches, closers, processing manager and or underwriting manager & u/w assistant for assistance.
- Post-Closer to send email to applicable parties with the screenshot of the required conditions.
- Make notes on the age report on the intranet of what is going on with each loan.
- Uploaded received conditions to eFolder and investor websites for each loan. Make notes on the age report on the intranet.
- Check the investor websites for condition clearance and funding approval.
- Work investor conditions emailed by the investor
- Clear any post-closing trailing conditions needed to satisfy the loan.
- Work QC audit items from investors, internal audits and our warehouse bank audits
- Work closely with our 3rd party vendor DocProbe to ensure that our final documents are sent to our investors. Should we receive an email from the investor for outstanding documents, we are to check DocProbe website first to see, if, final documents have been processed, if, not email DocProbe for assistance.
- Post-Closer may have to email title for copies of final documents to meet investor deadlines when the investor has not received the final documents on time.
- Post-Closer to insure our loans in a timely manner, after payments has been made.
- Post-Closer to upload the VA Guarantee Certificate, FHA MIC, and the USDA LNG into encompass, after, the loan has been insured.
- Achieve and maintain all departmental cycle time, service, and volume standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help, and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty, and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills, and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least two (2) years of related experience working in processing, closing or post-closing within the residential mortgage lending industry preferred
- Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA and VA and knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC
- Must have knowledge of loan documentation and understanding of investor guidelines relative to loan closing and delivery
- Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail and ability to make decisions and solve problems independently
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer relationships and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using mortgage loan origination systems preferred
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.