Job Title: System Administrator
Reports To: Director of Technology
Location: Remote Position
Supports and maintains server systems; supports the configuration and maintenance of both physical and virtual computers; assists with the management of Active Directory, VMWare Infrastructure, Backup, and Vulnerability Remediation; performs other related duties as assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in installing, building, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software.
- Install, support, and maintain both physical and virtual servers and appliances.
- Research, analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve server or data network problems.
- Maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security and daily server backups.
- Monitor for emerging security risks and plan business-specific responses.
- Functional areas of responsibility will directly include IT systems, Database Administration, Help Desk, Network Operations and Customer Support.
- Execute internal and external vulnerability scans in concert with scanning vendors.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support.
- Maintain compliance by patching and vulnerability remediation.
- Work closely with Network Engineering, Application Development, IT Security, and business stakeholders.
- Perform Active Directory user access management and maintain Group Policy procedures.
- Assist in developing strategies, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Create documentation for operationalizing tasks.
- Write and troubleshoot PowerShell Script for routine tasks and automation.
- Able to work additional hours during the week and/or weekend, when required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
- 5 + years of experience installing and supporting Microsoft server technologies; administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support.
- 5 + years of experience with PowerShell and PowerShell automation.
- 5 + years of experience with Server Patching and Vulnerability Remediation.
- 3+ years working in settings subject to routine security audits.
- 3+ years contributing to or directing external security audits.
- Experience managing multiple functions in IT Systems, Network Operations, Support, Help Desk, etc.
- Experience in developing enterprise Disaster Recovery strategies from the systems perspective.
- Strong technical experience with IT technologies – Office 365, Windows AD, Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, etc.), email solutions, desktop solutions, and Active Directory.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex and changing workload.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and internal customers.
- Knowledge of Visio and experience creating architecture diagrams.
- Must be willing to document work effort on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written.
- Flexible and adaptable to business needs.
Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any combination of education and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas; such education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed herein.
- Any industry certifications related to IT systems, networking, or security, is preferred.
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help, and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty, and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills, and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.